DOT 49 CFR 171-180 (formerly HM-126F)
Hazardous Chemical Transportation is required for employees who select or fill hazardous material packages, label containers, complete shipping papers, load or unload vehicles, trainload hazardous materials, or operate vehicles used in the transport of hazardous materials.
- Transport hazardous materials
- Hazardous materials classes
- Hazardous materials tables
- Requirements of hazardous material paperwork and packaging
- NFPA 704 markings placed on hazardous materials containers and packages
- Proper handling of hazardous materials
- Hazard Communication (Global Harmonization System (GHS))
- The penalties and consequences if proper handling is not followed
- Emergency plan and how to activate it if an incident were to occur
- Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG)
- HAZMAT transportation security
The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
SELA Safety Council, LLC. training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. SELA Safety Council, LLC. follows all ANSI training criteria.
SELA Safety Council, LLC. Copyright© 2020 All rights Reserved
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) refers to training that is delivered in a virtual or simulated environment, or when instructor and learner are in separate locations. Virtual instruction environments are designed to simulate the traditional classroom or learning experience.